Thursday, June 7, 2012

Pima Air & Space Museum

6/3/2012. Made a really quick stop to the Pima Air & Space Museum in Tucson before heading on up to Phoenix. Below are some random images from my visit.

This is a touching commentary by Dick Scobee, commander of the space shuttle Challenger that exploded in 1986, found among his papers after his death. I recommend clicking on the picture to expand it so you can see the text; it's worth reading.


I geeked out over seeing Deke Slayton's jacket. Slayton was one of the Mercury 7 astronauts (the first group of astronauts selected by NASA for the space program).


My niece Chantal should be interested in this one. Pictured is a Lockheed Electra- the type of aircraft Amelia Earhart was flying on her ill-fated flight around the world.


My family should be interested in this one. Pictured is a Piper Cub- the type of aircraft my dad used to own/fly.

No comments:

Post a Comment