Thursday, June 14, 2012

Chasing a Monarch Butterfly


Picture of the Day for 6/13/2012. I spend a lot of time during the day sitting in front of the computer in my home office (also known as "the kitchen"). To dispel some of the isolation, I throw open the curtains and the door to provide me with some sort of connection to the outside world. I was staring out the window when I caught sight of a Monarch butterfly and I immediately ran outside to follow it, but it had already flitted away. If this sounds reminiscent of the cheesey scene in the movie Snow White and the Huntsman where Kristen Stewart follows a fairy through the enchanted forest, I sincerely apologize. It's just that I have such fond memories of chasing Monarch butterflies on the grounds of Crestview Elementary School when I was a child. I was lost in those memories when my nostalgic reverie was broken by an angry bee that chased me inside the house. I squealed all the way. I'm brave about many things, but I fall apart when encountering a bee.

No comments:

Post a Comment