Monday, April 30, 2012

Home Teachers


Picture of the Day for 4/30/2012. So, for my non-Mormon readers of this blog (of which I suspect there are approximately two), there's a practice in the church called "home teaching." Each family in a Mormon congregation is assigned a set of home teachers to come visit once a month to deliver a brief spiritual message and to make sure the family is doing OK. My home teachers are Jay and Susan Williams, a married couple around my age who live just down the street from me. I always look forward to chatting with them each month as it's a thinly veiled excuse to inflict my space stories on them. They always seem interested in my stories which in my mind makes them EXCELLENT home teachers! That and the fact they are delightful people. I suspect they will need some spiritual uplifting after tonight's visit where I regaled them with tales of my recent visit to a strip club.

No comments:

Post a Comment