Thursday, April 26, 2012

Crestview Elementary School 50th Anniversary


Picture of the Day for 4/26/2012. I attended an open house for the 50th anniversary of Crestview Elementary School- my alma mater. It was fun browsing through all the student albums filled with the class photos. I'm pictured above and below with my kindergarten class. I love how I look so deceptively demure- deceptive being the operative word. I recall doing something to anger my teacher who then pulled my hair in retaliation. I totally ratted her out to my mother who wrote a strongly worded letter informing my teacher she better never lay a hand on me again.


It's a good thing I didn't include my first grade class photo in this blog entry. Then I'd have to tell you how I once told my first grade teacher to shut up. She totally had it coming (I'm kidding, I'm kidding). She was playing a recording of someone reciting the story of Little Red Riding Hood. It was riveting stuff and Mrs. Wheelwright was talking over the recording which was intolerable to me. I wanted to hear the story so I made my displeasure over her continued discourse plainly known. She looked so wounded and told me that wasn't very nice. I'd like to think my manners have marginally improved in the intervening 40 years.

(On a random side note- check out the pic of me in 1968 compared to the picture in the blog entry below taken just yesterday. I have my head cocked at exactly the same angle in both photographs. I guess some things never change.)

No comments:

Post a Comment