Sunday, April 22, 2012

Lunch With Hank Hartsfield


Picture of the Day for 4/15/2012. I'm writing this blog entry a week after the fact. I ended up spending a week in Florida and my entire trip can be roughly summarized as "going out to lunch with friends." This is merely the first in a series of "going out to lunch" blog entries.

My friends Al and Brad (pictured above) and I ended up going out to lunch with Hank Hartsfield (pictured in the center of the photograph), an astronaut who was in town to celebrate the 40th anniversary of Apollo 16 and to participate in activities at the Kennedy Space Center related to the space shuttle Discovery being flown out to its new home at the Smithsonian.

Hank is charming (as are my buddies Al and Brad of course) so it was a nice outing.

No comments:

Post a Comment