Monday, January 10, 2011

World Globe


Picture of the Day for 1/10/2011. My family is full of collectors. I've heard the drive to assemble collections is a sign of high intelligence so I'm seeing this as a positive thing (rather than the gateway to neurotic hoarding). My sister Robynne collects antique world globes. I like globes too, but it didn't seem kosher to appropriate her hobby until I saw this globe topped by an airplane for sale on eBay. Since I appear to be the only one in the family with an interest in aviation (aside from my father who used to own his own plane), this item legitimately falls under my purview.

In case you're wondering, yes, that is wood paneling from the 1970s serving as a backdrop to this picture. There's a LOT of it in my inherited house. Apparently, it's expensive and high quality, but it's wood paneling nonetheless. Sigh.

1 comment:

  1. awesome globe!!

    my mom and I were at a craft show last fall we actually at one point denied, without prompting, being hoarders. I said it's because we're tidy about it. :)

    ReplyDelete