Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Who is Miss Giles?


Picture of the Day for 1/4/2010. What a find! I was clearing out my parents' books from their bookshelves and came across this cross stitch card that must have been presented to my great-grandfather Frank Merrill as a going-away memento before leaving to serve a mission for the LDS church. This has to be at least 120 years old since he would have served his mission before getting married in 1893. Up close, the stitchery looks brand-new and expertly done. Pretty impressive. I'm kind of wondering who Miss Giles is since my great-grandfather did not end up marrying this woman. Instead, he married his first cousin Madelon Merrill, but that's a WHOLE different story. I wonder if Frank broke Miss Giles heart. It's a romantic mystery...

No comments:

Post a Comment