Thursday, January 20, 2011

Renewed Effort


Picture of the Day for 1/20/2011. I have come to the sad realization that in the time it will have taken me, from start to finish, to clean* all the rooms on the main floor of my house, people could meet, date, plan a wedding, get married, and start a family. Nations could rise and fall...

Sigh.

I've gotten three rooms done (master bedroom, bathroom, and kitchen) in the year and a half I've lived in my home. I have three rooms to go (living room, dining room, and a spare bedroom which I'll be turning into my office). I'm determined that it won't take me as long to finish. In fact, my goal is to have the living room done by the end of the month. Towards that end, in a burst of energy and renewed enthusiasm for the project, I stocked up on cleaning products today.

*Let's be clear here, by "clean" I don't mean simple housecleaning. I moved in on top of 60 years' worth of my parents' stuff in addition to bringing in about 200 packing boxes filled with my own possessions. The only thing that keeps me undaunted in the face of so much clutter is the reminder that there is a finite number of items in the house. That, and the fact I plan on hitting up my sisters for help clearing the basement!

No comments:

Post a Comment