Monday, January 24, 2011

4th Floor!


Picture of the Day for 1/24/2011. I kind of seem obsessed with my office building's parking garage, don't I? This is the second blog entry about it within the month.

Upon entering one of these elevators, an overly perky voice announces "Going up!" or "Going down!" Upon exiting one of these elevators, the same overly perky voice announces your destination of "First Floor!" or "Fourth Floor!" Even more annoying than the perkiness is the accent. It's somewhere between American and a bad British imitation by an American.

After a loooooong day at work (I got home at 10:00 p.m. tonight), the last thing you want to hear is this voice. One day I was riding down to my car in a crowded, but silent elevator. When our arrival on the fourth floor was duly heralded, I said, "I really hate her voice." Everyone in the crowd burst out laughing. Obviously, my sentiment had struck a chord.

No comments:

Post a Comment