Monday, January 31, 2011

Treasure Trove


Picture of the Day for 1/30/2010. I made more headway with my packing boxes this weekend. I emptied about 8-10 boxes that were filled with "useless do-das" (also known as "knick-knacks" for those who don't speak "Michelle"). Going through the boxes was like an archeological dig. It's amazing how much I've collected over the years that A) I didn't remember buying, B) I don't need, and C) no longer appeals to me. The vintage wedding dress pictured above is a good example of B. It's very pretty, but the heck am I going to do with it? I purchased the dress at an antique store for $25; accompanying the gown was a note indicating it belonged to "my mother (Lenore McClay Larson) - wedding dress - August 1928)." I have no idea who Lenore was, but I now that I know her name and that she was someone's mother, I just can't get rid of her wedding dress. I'm afraid I'm stuck with it. It looks like I'm more sentimental than Lenore's own daughter who apparently had no problem letting it go.

No comments:

Post a Comment