Sunday, September 19, 2010

View of the Salt Lake Valley


Picture of the Day for 9/18/2010. Today is Saturday so that means it's "lunch with my dad." In previous blog entries I've mentioned that my dad loves to linger over his Dr. Pepper for hours on end. I don't mind spending hours with my dad- it's the lingering for hours at a restaurant that makes me crazy. I've found an effective way to lure him away is to promise to take him on a drive. This compromise makes both of us happy.

Today we drove up Little Cottonwood canyon. I love the panoramic view of the Salt Lake valley from this elevation. None of the pictures I took do the actual scene any justice. The sun was shining so brightly that it was hard to see the images I was capturing through the viewfinder.

The leaves are starting turn at the higher elevations. We'll have to return to the canyon next week so I can get some good pictures of the fall colors. Fall is my absolute favorite time of year.

No comments:

Post a Comment