Friday, September 10, 2010

Food Obsessions


Picture of the Day for 9/10/2010. I'll be honest- I have weird eating habits. Obsessions really. Once I latch onto a food item, I can eat the same thing for months on end, even years. Here's a very rough timeline:

Toddler = Peanut Butter
Nursery School/Kindergarten = Pancakes
Elementary School = Rice*
Junior/Senior High School = Toast or Oatmeal

I could go on, but you get the point. Do you notice a pattern here? As you can see, my love affair with carbs began early. I would mention how chocolate has been a constant throughout my whole life, but that's like pointing out how the sun rises every morning. Those things are a given.

Eggo buttermilk waffles are my latest obsession. I've had one every single morning for over a month. I'm not tired of them yet so I decided I better stock up. Three boxes for $5.00. Good deal!

*The rice obsession was probably my most enduring one. For years, my mother would cook a small bowl of rice (with a pat of butter melted in the center) for me every Sunday. I can still see the metal bowls she used to cook the rice. Good times- at least for me. My poor mother. I think I broke her spirit.

1 comment:

  1. oh I love those waffles and i'm in complete agreement that they have to be the buttermilk, not homestyle or regular or some fruity flavor...buttermilk..that is all...the end...

    I love dad's story about how even he remembers the rice!! you little weirdo...

    ReplyDelete