Monday, September 6, 2010

Death and the Maiden


Picture of the Day for 9/5/2010. "Death and the Maiden" is my favorite painting by the artist James Christensen. At first glance it may seem morbid, but stick with me. The Death card in a Tarot deck traditionally just means change. Since I've been reading Tarot cards for the past few years, that's what this type of image has come to mean to me. So, when I look at this picture, metaphorically it looks like the young woman is embracing change. That's a topic that resonates with me since I'm usually not a big fan of change, even when I know it might be good for me.

1 comment:

  1. skull = death....usually death that has occurred a long long long long long time ago...it is stunning however, but the skull is kind of a red flag to me.....the red flag of DEATH!!!!

    ReplyDelete