Thursday, March 13, 2014

Who is Barbara Lunt?

Picture of the Day for 3/13/2014. I love mysteries. And I love doing internet searches and seeing where they lead you. This photo of my mother from the early 1940s provided a mystery to solve. Do you see the sign in the background advertising a performance by Barbara Lunt? It made me ponder the following question: Who is Barbara Lunt?


Turns out she was a big band singer. Couldn't find out much more than that sadly.


I did find out that she was a singer with Buddy Rogers' band. 


Hmm. I hadn't heard of him before. That required another search which led me to a YouTube video of The Fighting Seabees, a 1944 film starring John Wayne and Susan Hayward. I had never heard of this movie before and now I'm watching it- all thanks Barbara Lunt!

No comments:

Post a Comment