Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Hello Pony

Picture of the Day for 3/5/2014. Today was my great-niece Sadie's 8th birthday. Cute girl!


As Sadie was opening up her gifts, I noticed someone had given her a card that looked, from my vantage point, like there was a My Little Pony on the front. I asked, "Is that a Hello Pony card?" 


Sadly, my inadvertent mash-up of My Little Pony with Hello Kitty immediately earned me a spot on the family's "Quote Hall of Shame." It's not a metaphorical hall of shame either. There are actual quotes posted on my sister Paula's refrigerator. They are all amusing, but my all-time favorite is:

"Eleanor Roosevelt was not a skank." Courtesy of my brother-in-law David. Can't argue with that. This statement was such a hit that my niece Chantal even devoted an entire blog post to it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment