Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Popcorn Popping on the Apricot Tree

Picture of the Day for 3/26/2014. Here is a song every Mormon child has sung.

I looked out the window, and what did I see?
Popcorn popping on the apricot tree!
Spring had brought me such a nice surprise,
Blossoms popping right before my eyes.
I could take an armful and make a treat,
A popcorn ball that would smell so sweet.
It wasn't really so, but it seemed to be
Popcorn popping on the apricot tree.

(Words: Georgia W. Bello, 1924-2007. (c) 1957 IRI
Music: Georgia W. Bello, 1924-2007; arr. by Betty Lou Cooney, b. 1924. (c) 1957, 1989 IRI)

I can still sing it from memory even though it's been over four decades since I was a young Mormon child.

If you want to hear the music, click on this link and then click on the "play" icon at the top of the sheet music. 

I was reminded of this song as I looked out my back window today and saw that yes, indeed, it looked like popcorn was popping on my apricot tree. 








No comments:

Post a Comment