Friday, March 7, 2014

Pack Up and Leave Early

Picture of the Day for 3/7/2014. My sister Robynne and I exhibited at the Utah Speech-Language Hearing Association's 2014 conference up in Park City, UT. You'll notice a lot of empty booths in the photo below. That's because we've learned, along with any other vendor who has experience exhibiting at conferences, you should never stay to the bitter end of a conference in the hopes you'll make that one last sale. Or stay because someone promised they will come back after the last session to buy your product. 

It. Just. Doesn't. Happen. 

Ever. 

Until today. Robynne and I packed up early and wouldn't you know, we missed out on someone who came back at the end of the conference hoping to buy all of our books. Fortunately, that person contacted me through our website and I was able to walk her through buying the materials online for the discounted price we offered at the conference. Phew. 


No comments:

Post a Comment