Saturday, July 28, 2012

State Agency Tour


Picture of the Day for 7/26/2012. According to the advice of two attorneys, my sister Robynne and I had to change the name of our company from Teach Speech Now, L.L.C. to You Can Teach Speech Now, L.L.C. Long story.

Anyhoo, since we had already registered our business with the state of Utah, I had to file an article of amendment to make the name change with the Utah Division of Corporations. That office is downtown. I had to complete the paperwork on the 2nd floor of the building and then go down to the main level to pay the $37.00 filing fee.

Took a detour to the Salt Lake County Assessor's office 20 blocks away to change the mailing address for my condo which I still own and rent out. I haven't been living there for three years and it's only now occurred to me that I haven't been getting my tax notices for the condo. They've been mailing them to the condo address. Oops. The clerk indicated I need to go to the Recorder's office. Luckily, that was just across the hall.

Then, I had to drive to the Utah State Tax Commission office waaaaaaay on the northwest side of the city to present them with a copy of the article of amendment document.

I think I'm done for now making the rounds of state agency offices. Phew!

No comments:

Post a Comment