Sunday, July 29, 2012

Apricot Update


Picture of the Day for 7/29/2012. Success! I was finally able to pick some apricots. My apricot tree is close to the inadequate chain-link fence separating my backyard from my neighbor's backyard. The neighbor's massive and snarly dogs have chased me away every time I've made an attempt to get close to MY tree in MY yard! My neighbor was outside today and introduced me to the dogs who were as tame as could be. He said they are conditioned to freak out at people on the other side of a fence since at their previous residence the neighbor kids used to taunt the dogs through a fence. He told me the trick is to use their names when they act up. Hopefully, that will work. I've hated being apprehensive every time I've stepped outside.

Picking the apricots was a messy and squishy business as half of the fruit has already dropped to the ground.



I had to use the garden hose to wash off my feet and flip-flops before I could go back inside the house. The apricots have permanently stained my flip-flops orange! Good thing I only paid one dollar for them at Old Navy.


Now I just need to get motivated to make jam out of all those apricots.

No comments:

Post a Comment