Friday, July 13, 2012

Learning How to Start Up a Business


Picture of the Day for 7/12/2012. I'm not sure I've mentioned on the blog that I'm going into business with my sister Robynne, a speech therapist who has been publishing speech therapy manuals for the past 30 years. She's working on a whole new batch of manuals and instead of going through a publisher, we're going to make them available for download on the internet. She's responsible for creating the merchandise and I'm responsible for everything business-related. I've been learning a LOT about starting up a company. This week I've been researching website hosting/design/shopping cart options in addition to mapping out the flow (pictured above) for our website which we hope to have up and running by the first week of August. Any advice my readers (ahem- I'm referring to you Brooks Lehnig) might have about starting up a company would be much appreciated! I'm trying to avoid as much of the "error" portion of the "trial and error" process.

No comments:

Post a Comment