Sunday, October 3, 2010

Plum Jam


Picture of the Day for 10/3/2010. I availed myself of plums from my sister's tree to make plum jam today. I have a certain fondness for it since my parents had a plum tree (now sadly deceased) in their backyard and my mother frequently made jam. The picture above is at the stage where the mixture is screaming hot and I'm about to ladle it into the jars. I was trying to capture the beautiful deep red color of the fruit, but the picture doesn't quite do it justice.


The picture below shows the final product- for this batch. I picked enough plums to make about 45 batches (yes, I'm exaggerating, but not by much). I'll have to regroup and make more jam next weekend when I have a good three-hour block of time. By the time I'm done using up all the fruit, I'm sure I'll have plum jam coming out my ears. Let me know if you're interested in a jar. I'll have plenty to share!

No comments:

Post a Comment