Sunday, March 28, 2010

Yummy Potatoes


Picture of the Day for 3/28/2010. Mmm...Yummy Potatoes. That's a true statement in general, but in this instance it's the name of of a recipe book I bought today. The book opens with the statement that "potatoes are wonderful." Yeah- no kidding. Yummy potato recipes would be sufficient reward for purchasing the book, but the big bonus turned out to be the fact it was written by one of my all-time favorite cookbook authors- Marlena Spieler. I didn't realize this until I got home and started paging through the recipes. I love Spieler. She reminds me of The Barefoot Contessa and Paula Deen. All of them look well-fed ("never trust a skinny cookbook author" is my motto) and they are fond of using butter and cream. Another bonus was the fact that I purchased the book for 40% off $2.99. Cheap yummy potatoes- it doesn't get better than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment