Monday, March 15, 2010

French Onion Soup


Picture of the Day for 3/15/2010. I got roped into participating in a soup cook-off at work on Wednesday. We instituted these cook-offs last year. Here are the rules:

1- Two people cook the same item (i.e., peach pie, lasagna) using the recipe of their choice.

2- A panel of judges tastes both offerings and votes for their favorite.

3- The two participants engage in a LOT of smack talk.

4- The two participants mutually agree upon a heinous punishment for the loser.

My colleague Nimmy and I are blatantly violating Rules #3 and #4. We're OK with providing soup (the rest of the office has signed up to bring other food items for lunch), but we can't summon up the energy to talk smack to each other and I categorically refuse to submit to a punishment of any kind. My punishment has been my failed experiments with soup recipes. I tried a baked-potato soup last night. It didn't go well. Tonight's attempt was French onion soup. It didn't go well. I've got another recipe in mind that I'll try tomorrow night. It MUST go well since it's my last resort before Wednesday's competition. Not that I'm panicking. Eek...

3 comments:

  1. Have Paula make the soup and tell all your collegues that you made it. You'll win.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How do you spell colleagues?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I should have Paula make the soup. Never thought of that!

    You spell colleagues just like you spelled it. Why do you ask?

    ReplyDelete