Tuesday, March 9, 2010

My Friend Joe Cotton


Picture of the Day for 3/9/2010. I'm kind of cheating since this is a picture of a picture. I ADORE this photograph of me with Colonel Joe Cotton, a very famous test pilot. This picture was taken on October 16, 2009 at the Gathering of Eagles, an event hosted by the Flight Test Historical Foundation in honor of the 50th anniversary of the X-15 program. A friend of mine sent the photograph to Joe Cotton to sign and I just received it in the mail yesterday. I didn't know it was coming so it was a delightful surprise. My header for this blog entry refers to Joe Cotton as my friend. I did that because included with the signed picture was a handwritten note from Cotton addressed to "My Friend Michelle." I melted when I saw that. My friend describes Cotton as a "class act." True statement.

No comments:

Post a Comment