Monday, March 1, 2010

On My Way to Florida


Picture of the Day for 2/24/2010. Here I am, waiting for my flight to Florida. I'm on my way to Sleuthfest 2010 hosted by the The Florida Chapter of the Mystery Writers of America. Sleuthfest is a four-day conference geared to aspiring writers. The organizers of the event have assembled an impressive panel of authors, agents, publishers, and technical experts to address a variety of topics- the mechanics of writing a novel, what agents are looking for, how to write a screenplay, what you need to know if you're going to write realistically about crime-related topics (i.e., forensics, hostage negotiation, etc.). I'm not sure I'm interested in writing mysteries, but I definitely fall into the "aspiring writer" category so this sounded like a very useful conference to kick-start my efforts.

No comments:

Post a Comment