Friday, March 26, 2010

$7,500 Painting


Picture of the Day for 3/26/2010. This is a portrait of Emma Smith (wife of Joseph Smith, founder of the Mormon church) hanging in the new Deseret Book store that opened in downtown Salt Lake City yesterday. Since the store is right next door to my office, some colleagues and I snuck out of work to check out the grand opening. I was rather transfixed by this portrait which has a price tag of $7,500. My co-workers laughed and said of course I would hone in on the most expensive item in the store. I returned to the store today and ran into the artist, Julie Rogers, who gave me permission to take a photograph of the picture.

1 comment:

  1. That's a beautiful painting. I do the same thing- go for the most expensive thing in the store! You have good taste!

    ReplyDelete