Monday, March 1, 2010

Sleuthfest 2010 - Day 1


Picture of the Day for 2/25/2010. I'm in so much trouble. These are the books I've collected so far to get signed by the authors presenting at Sleuthfest. I'm sure I'll be collecting a lot more before the weekend is over. I'm going to be hating life when I have to haul all these heavy books back to Salt Lake.

The first day of Sleuthfest was great. I attended the following courses:

-Let’s Play with Kidnappers!
Learn hostage negotiation from a master.
Al Hallonquist

-Building a Better Arc
Identify and strengthen your chapter, character, and book arc so your novel stays afloat.
PJ Parrish (Kris Montee and Kelly Nichols)

-Power Pacing
Keep the tension high and the emotional depth engaging without explosions or killings on every page.
Dianna Love

I think the "Building a Better Arc" session was the most helpful in terms of the logistics of writing a novel. I loved Dianna Love's presentation. She repeatedly mentioned how she just loves to kill people in novels. She said it in such a charming way that it was highly amusing rather than disturbing.

No comments:

Post a Comment