Thursday, March 4, 2010

Changing Light Bulbs is Hard


Picture of the Day for 3/4/2010. I have a lamp in my bathroom, not for its cozy effect, but because I can't figure out how to pry off the covers of the dang light fixtures in order to change the burned out light bulbs. I moved into my parents' house a few months ago and the light bulbs are now just starting to burn out. I've never encountered light fixtures that stumped me before; otherwise, I might have had the foresight to ask my parents for directions while they were still living there. The light fixture pictured below is the biggest mystery to me. I kind of feel like I'm trying to figure out alien technology. I've poked and prodded the fixture without ever finding any discernible mechanisms to release the cover. So, until I crack this mystery, I'm making do with the lamp. At least I've got that technology down and I'm not forced to rely upon candlelight.

No comments:

Post a Comment