Thursday, January 28, 2010

Jailhouse Moon


Picture of the Day for 1/28/2010. This is yet another attempt to capture a cool image of the moon on film. This is yet another example of how I failed miserably at that attempt. I should know better by now, especially after reading a detailed scientific treatise on why it is nearly impossible to take a picture of the moon that actually resembles what you see with the naked eye. "Nearly impossible" is the operative phrase. It can be done; it just requires Hubble telescope-like equipment to do so. Sigh.

I got a kick out of this picture. It looks like the moon is peeking through barbed wire at a correctional facility. Let me emphatically state for the record that I was nowhere close to a correctional facility when I took this picture. I was stopped at stop light and took the picture from my car window.

No comments:

Post a Comment