Friday, January 22, 2010

Contraband Ballet Memorabilia


Picture of the Day for 1/22/2010. This is a photograph of Seth Olson, a former principal dancer with Ballet West. The most notable thing about this picture is that it is stolen, which delights me to no end. My niece, knowing that I used to have a little crush on Seth when I was regularly attending the ballet a few years ago, stole it from a display of dancers' photographs on her last day of work at Ballet West earlier this week. This was not an easy bit of thievery as she had to pry the photograph from its frame.

Ironically, this is not the only item of Seth Olson contraband in my possession. Several years ago, a work colleague handed me a Ballet West poster featuring Seth that she had stolen from a display case on the University of Utah campus. I loved that poster, not so much for Seth, but because I was tickled that my very morally upstanding colleague was willing to steal it for me.

2 comments: