Saturday, September 14, 2013

Reader's Digest Condensed Books

Picture of the Day for 9/14/2013. I decided I need to finally tackle clearing out/organizing the basement; otherwise, I'll still be talking about how I need to do that 20 years from now. It's amazing how quickly time passes. 

To make this project seem less daunting, I'm breaking it up into manageable chunks. Today was Reader's Digest condensed book day. I scoured the basement for every single one of these books, organized them by year, and placed them on the top shelf of the bookcase below. I had to scrub that shelf clean of several years of accumulated dust.




I pretty much have all the books from 1950 through 1989. There are a few from the 1990s and even some from the 2000s. If any of you are interested in the books from your birth year as a souvenir, let me know. I actually like the covers from my birth year and think the books will be fun to display. 




I did not brave the basement without the appropriate spider-avoidance attire. Basements are where spiders love to lurk and I did not want to give them even an inch of bare skin to bite or crawl over. 

No comments:

Post a Comment