Saturday, September 21, 2013

Business Reports

Picture of the Day for 9/21/2013. I've FINALLY been working on going through my packing boxes from when I moved into my house three years ago. Yep- you read that right. Three years ago. Some would say I procrastinate, but I prefer to say that I act deliberately and don't like to rush into anything. 

I came across a big plastic tub full of materials from when I taught business writing at the University of Utah in 1995 and 1996. As a business writing instructor, I was required to divide my classes into groups of four or five students and assign them to interview a local business and assess how writing/communication is conducted in a real world setting. At the end of the academic quarter, the groups were required to submit a lengthy report detailing their analysis. When I was going through my materials, I realized I had kept every single one of those reports. I decided to keep only one report as a sample, some of my teaching notes, and the class rolls/grading sheets. This eliminated most of the contents of that big plastic tub. It felt so great to be able to throw most of it away. 


No comments:

Post a Comment