Thursday, September 26, 2013

Energy Experiment and the Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone

Picture of the Day for 9/26/2013. I've been reading a book about the energy we project (yes, yes- a blatantly New Age book). The book outlines a series of experiments you can try that demonstrate the power of negative and positive thoughts so I borrowed these dowsing rods from a friend to give the experiments a try. 



Experiment #1:
You hold the rods facing straight in front of you at chest level 10 inches away from your body and think about a really bad memory or experience. The rods will contract against your chest. 

Experiment #2:
You hold the rods facing straight in front of you at chest level 10 inches away from your body and think about a really wonderful memory or experience. The rods will expand outward until they bump against your arms. 

Results:
Totally works! Wow. 

What You Really Want to Know:
Nope- I'm not telling you what my really bad memory was; however, I am willing to tell you what my wonderful memory was. When I worked in Yellowstone National Park twenty years ago, I hiked down to the lip of the Lower Falls in the Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone around sunset. By this time, all of the tourists had retreated back to the lodges and campgrounds so I had the entire place to myself. It occurred to me that out of 6 billion humans on the planet (at that time in the early 1990s), I was the ONLY person at this world-famous location. I stayed there for about an hour before hiking back out of the canyon. To date, it remains one of the most sublime experiences of my life. The red circle in the photo below shows you exactly where I was standing.

No comments:

Post a Comment