Wednesday, September 18, 2013

New/Old Desk from the Salt Lake Temple

Picture of the Day for 9/18/2013. I found this antique desk at one of my favorite consignment shops. I was immediately hooked when I saw the tag- "Desk was used in the Salt Lake Temple, 1940." I'm not sure if that means the desk was built in 1940 or removed from the temple in 1940. Regardless, it's a beautiful old desk with an interesting history and the price was certainly right at $159. My sister Robynne said she's hoping the fact that the desk used to reside in such a holy edifice means it will send out "good influence" rays and help mend my heathenish ways. More power to the desk if it can do that!




One of the features I really like about this desk is you can either have it in "flat top" mode or "typewriter" mode. In "typewriter" mode, there's just enough space for a laptop. Pretty cool. 


1 comment: