Saturday, October 27, 2012

Overly Optimistic

Picture of the Day for 10/24/2012. I believe I've mentioned before on this blog that my sister Robynne and I have purchased booth space at the annual ASHA convention in Atlanta in order to peddle her speech therapy manuals. Since they are in a PDF format, we're going to sell them on data CDs- 150 each of the six R manuals, 150 with the complete R series, and 150 of her Story Builder book. That's 1,200 CDs total. That's a lot.

I tend to take an overly optimistic "I can do that" approach to things. A lot of times I can. I have found, after several fruitless days, that I'm unable to burn 1,200 CDs on my own. I'm sure the only person this comes as a surprise to is myself.

It turns out the quantity isn't the problem. It's the dang process. I'd burn CDs following the correct process every single time, but when I'd test the CDs I had burned, a full third of them turned out to be unreadable. As you can see from this picture, I got to the point where I'd hurl the useless ones across the room.

Fortunately, I found a local company that is going to burn all the CDs for me. The young man who helped me is great- very zen which is what I needed to calm my frustrated self down.

No comments:

Post a Comment