Saturday, September 8, 2012

The Face of a 60-Year-Old Who Has Had Work Done


Picture of the Day for 9/7/2012. I've been meaning to write about this topic for a couple of weeks now. So, as you know from my blog, I spent about a week in Florida last month. On the day I visited the West Palm Beach zoo, I marched up to the ticket booth and asked to purchase one adult ticket. The clerk, who was clearly older than I am, looked at me and asked if that was a senior ticket.

Oh man. That hurt.

And then it got worse.

Upon seeing my stricken look, she tried to backtrack and say that of course I didn't look 60, but nowadays you can't tell since so many people are getting work "done" on their faces.

Oh man. That REALLY hurt.

Great, so what I got out of that exchange is that I look like a 60-year-old who has had work done. I get it. Fine.

Hey, I'm the first to admit that sometimes I can look haggard and admittedly I didn't look my best in the Florida humidity, but really, does this (see picture above) look like a 60-year-old woman who has had plastic surgery? DO NOT answer that if you're in a snarky mood.

No comments:

Post a Comment