Monday, September 17, 2012

Autumn is Coming - Part 2


Picture of the Day for 9/15/2012. The grasshoppers have made an appearance- another clear harbinger of autumn. This one was lurking next to my mailbox. I don't mind grasshoppers. They don't creep me out, but they used to.

When I was a little girl coming home from elementary school in the fall, I had to climb the stairs to get to the front door so my mother could let me in since I did not have house key privileges at that young age. Take a look at the picture below which, believe it or not, is a non-scary image of the front yard. Now imagine bushes on either side of the steps and only a very narrow pathway through them. That's what it was like during my childhood. It was a veritable grasshopper gauntlet- with grasshoppers leaping out at you from both sides of the bushes. Ick! Not my fondest childhood memory.


No comments:

Post a Comment