Friday, September 14, 2012

Bible Study


Picture of the Day for 9/12/2012. About a month ago I was chatting with my next-door neighbor who was asking me how my business venture with my sister was going. Once she ascertained that I work from home and my schedule is flexible, she noted that I should be available to attend an interdenominational Bible study group on Wednesday mornings. I had to applaud her missionary zeal so I admitted that yes, I should be able to attend. She's one of the discussion leaders and has been participating in this group since 1976.

The Bible Study Fellowship (BSF) is a world-wide organization that was started 50 years ago by a British missionary and has grown to "1,000 BSF classes with 200,000 class members in 38 nations across six continents." The structure of the Bible study is very regimented and all groups study exactly the same curriculum. This year's course of study is Genesis and the first meeting of the year was held today. I quite enjoyed it. It will be nice to get a different perspective and read a different version of the Bible. I've only ever read the King James Version, but the one used by BSF is the New International Version. I went to a Christian bookstore right after class and purchased a copy.



I'm not sure how much reading I'll actually get done since I've never seen such tiny font in a book before. The picture below doesn't do it justice. I think I'm going to need a magnifying glass.


No comments:

Post a Comment