Sunday, September 30, 2012

My Printer is Toying With Me

Picture of the Day for 9/28/2012. My printer is toying with me.

A few days ago it informed me that it was done printing until I replaced the Cyan ink cartridge.

“Fine,” I said, “I’ll go purchase a Cyan ink cartridge if that will make you happy.”

After I replaced the Cyan ink cartridge, the printer said, “That was really lovely of you to get me a new Cyan ink cartridge, but what I’d really like is a new Yellow ink cartridge. I can’t possibly function without one. I’ll go take a nap while you take care of that for me.”

“Fine,” I said, “I’ll go purchase a Yellow ink cartridge if that will make you happy.”

After I replaced the Yellow ink cartridge, the printer said, “Oh, so terribly sorry and I’m embarrassed to admit this, but I forgot to mention that I need Black ink even though you replaced the cartridge a couple of months ago and didn’t think it was remotely time to replace it. I’ll just rest here quietly while you go get me the Black ink I desire and crave.”

“?#@&% printer!” I said, “You couldn’t have mentioned this before I made two separate trips to the store?! And now I have to make a third inconvenient trip?!”

By this time, I had my printer’s prima donna number. I just KNEW if I returned from the store with Black ink only, the printer would say, “I can’t believe I neglected to tell you that the Magenta ink cartridge is empty as well. How scatterbrained of me. Please be a dear and go fetch some Magenta ink while I recline here on the table. I have such a delicate constitution.”

Ha! I foiled the printer. In addition to the Black ink cartridge, I bought a cost-effective 3-pack of all the colored inks required by my printer. I replaced both the Black and Magenta cartridges and informed my printer it was back in business- no excuses.

3 comments:

  1. that was the funniest thing I've ever read! Fine, I will just throw you out the window, if that will make you happy! see how the printer likes that little maneuver! damn printer...

    ReplyDelete
  2. We discussed this printer issue in further detail and Ethan agrees that henchman protocol dictates the destruction of rogue printers..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you wised up to your printer's little games and put an end to its lollygagging habits....

    ReplyDelete