Tuesday, September 18, 2012

British Lips


Picture of the Day for 9/18/2012. The phrase "stiff upper lip" has long been associated with the stoic nature of the British. I suspect it has more to do with the fact that people of British descent don't have an upper lip to speak off. I know that's been the case with me. I can't tell you how many times beauty consultants at department store cosmetic counters urged me to use lip liner to extend my upper lip since it looked like I didn't really have one. I routinely ignored their advice since my upper lip deficiency never really plagued me. Imagine my surprise though when I took this self-portrait today and saw that it looks like I actually do have a defined upper lip. I double checked in the mirror (because when you're self-employed and working from home, stuff like that is a welcome distraction) and concluded it's just an optical illusion.

No comments:

Post a Comment