Saturday, September 8, 2012

Stupid Cat


Picture of the Day for 9/5/2012. My favorite animal on the planet, Jingles the Cat, was put to sleep today since he had a case of fast-growing cancer and my sister Robynne wanted to make sure that Jingles didn't suffer. I love animals and I've loved my siblings' pets, but this is the first time I've really understood what it feels like to be devastated at the loss of a pet. He and I were buddies. I've been in tears all day and calling Jingles a "stupid cat" for making me cry like this. Of course I don't mean it.

I came over a couple of hours before the vet made a house call to put Jingles to sleep so I'd have some time to hold him. My nephew Rob had the same idea. He arrived at the house at about the same time I did and we traded off spending time with Jingles.


I think Jingles looks so irritated in the picture (shown above) that Rob took of me holding Jingles because he was getting a little bit too much attention.

In addition to holding Jingles, I took tons of pictures of him.




This was the first time I've seen an animal put to sleep. We were all amazed at how quickly it happened- within just a couple of seconds of being administered the drug. I'm glad he didn't suffer. And then after we got over being amazed, we all had a good cry. Stupid cat.

1 comment: