Friday, August 30, 2013

Secret Hippie

Picture of the Day for 8/30/2013. I'm a secret hippie. Well, not so secret anymore with this announcement. Maybe I have an affinity for this culture since I was born in the 60s and grew up in the 1970s. I remember learning the word "psychedelic" from a decidedly unhip grade school teacher. I also remember playing hippie house with my dolls. I wouldn't put my dolls to bed and I'd let them decide on their own bedtime since I didn't want to stifle their freedom. Oh, and no one in my doll household ever did dishes. We'd throw these "psychedelic" 6-inch disks (don't ask- I don't remember where they came from) that I used as dinner plates on the floor to show our contempt for traditional society. Yeah, I was a weird kid. 

To get my little hippie fix, I stopped by one of my favorite New Age stores this afternoon- Dancing Crane Imports. It's filled with crystals, incense, candles, books, ethnic art, clothing, chimes, etc. 




If I unleashed my inner hippie, I'd be burning nag champa incense and wearing outfits like this. I'm sure my sister Robynne would prefer an outfit like this over my usual attire of low-rider jeans which I have no business wearing as a 50-year-old. Apparently, I flash more skin than is appropriate. 

No comments:

Post a Comment