Saturday, August 31, 2013

Egg Cream Soda Experiment

Picture of the Day for 8/31/2013. I concocted my own version of an Egg Cream Soda (which I assure you has no eggs in it; not sure how it got that moniker). A traditional version is made with milk, chocolate syrup, soda water, and vanilla. I made mine with a tablespoon of heavy cream, a heaping teaspoon of cocoa power, 2 packages of Stevia sweetener, and soda water. A word of warning if you try this concoction. Don't pour the cocoa and Stevia powder on top of the soda water. It's like a combustible high school science experiment gone horribly wrong. There was a lot of clean-up involved after I made this mistake. Despite this initial disaster, the drink turned out to be quite tasty.




And to my friend Suzanne who reads this blog, you should be aware that the tiny emulsion mixer you gave me for Christmas a couple of years ago works perfectly to blend the cocoa into the water. 


No comments:

Post a Comment