Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Officially a Missionary

Picture of the Day for 8/13/2013. I suspect my readers may be just a tad weary of me chronicling my nephew Rob's impending departure as a missionary. Don't worry- we're in the homestretch! Just one day to go before he leaves. Tonight he was "set apart" as a missionary by his stake president (ecclesiastical leader) who is pictured on the far right below. My Mormon readers will know what that means. For my non-Mormon friends, this means the stake president prayed over him and gave him advice pertaining to his mission. The stake president said a lot of nice things. My favorite was that Rob would be able to look past the flaws of the people he was teaching and be able to see them as they really are- all dressed in white (in Mormon parlance, pure and whole). 


No comments:

Post a Comment