Monday, August 20, 2012

Apricot Jam


Picture of the Day for 8/16/2012. My hard-won apricots have been sitting in the fridge for nearly three weeks so I figured I'd better hurry and make jam before the apricots went bad.

I look so domestic in my cooking apron.


Here's the finished product.


I only had time for one batch so I spent HOURS washing and cutting up the rest of the fruit so I could freeze it until I can get back to this project. That's the most time-consuming part of jam-making anyway so it shouldn't take me long to finish the rest of the batches.

I should have taken a picture of my messy kitchen. Normally, I'm a fairly neat cook, but it looked like apricots and pots/pans vomited all over my kitchen. It took awhile to clean up.

3 comments:

  1. your favorite niece (me! in case you were unsure) sure does love apricot jam.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a hint to send me some. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. I got the hint. I'm quick like that. I'll save you a jar!

      Delete