Monday, August 6, 2012

Bear Lake Cabin


Picture of the Day for 8/4/2012. Spent the weekend at my sister's cabin (formerly my parents' cabin) on Sweetwater Hill overlooking Bear Lake (located 130 miles north of Salt Lake City on the Utah/Idaho border).


It's been three years since I last visited which is far too long. I forget how much I love the cabin and the rural setting until I'm there. It's so peaceful. And the smell of the sagebrush is heavenly.

This weekend was strictly a girls-only event. The group consisted of my sister Robynne, my nieces Renee and Corinne, and me (of course).

We attended Raspberry Days, an annual festival celebrating, you guessed it, raspberries. Surprisingly, for an event called "Rapsberry Days," raspberries and related raspberry products were in very short supply.


Upon returning to the cabin, Renee and I went on an hour-long walk along the dirt roads.



We spent the rest of the day lounging, watching movies, eating, and playing cards.

It was a lovely day.

No comments:

Post a Comment