Sunday, September 25, 2011

Monster SUV


Picture of the Day for 9/22/2011. Here is a picture I took of the biggest, most monster-sized SUV you've ever seen. "Why would I do that?" you might ask. Because it's what the rental car agency at the Ft. Lauderdale airport gave me despite the fact I had reserved a compact car. I told them I had no business driving such a big car since I can't even seem to maneuver my much smaller PT Cruiser without bumping into things. My protests were to no avail as that's the only car they had available to me last night at 11:00 p.m. when I arrived. That's what happens when show up so late in the day- you take what you can get. I should know since this has happened to me before. On one of my of my many trips out to Florida this year, I arrived at the Orlando airport at about midnight. The only vehicle available at the rental car agency at that time (again- despite having reserved a compact car) was a large passenger van that seated 15 people! Luckily, a compact car was returned while I was in the process of arguing with the clerk so I was able to snag that one instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment