Monday, September 19, 2011

Avoid Rusty Rakes


Picture of the Day for 9/19/2011. I took this picture of my bandaged foot upon arriving home from the emergency room shortly after midnight. I was out on my porch and I accidentally stepped on what has to be the rustiest/dirtest rake on the planet. One of the tines punctured my foot. "Owww" doesn't even begin to cover this.

After leaving a trail of blood from my front door to my bathroom (which I still need to clean up), I wrapped up my foot and drove myself to the emergency room since I figured I needed a tetanus shop and someone to clean out the wound because it was so deep. I would have just gone to an urgent care center, but the one in my neighborhood was closed for the evening.

I ended up working from home today so I could stay off my foot. Bless my 86-year-old neighbor Erma's heart. She saw my car in the driveway (a very unusual sight for a workday) and called to make sure I was OK.

No comments:

Post a Comment