Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Insulting Prayer


Picture of the Day for 9/14/2011. On Wednesday evenings, I have dinner at my sister Robynne's house. Tonight we had Little Caesar's Pizza. (Yay for pizza!) Before digging in, my brother-in-law Will said grace over the food. He prayed that the food, "although lacking," would still nourish and strengthen us. Our heads popped up at that and Robynne and I looked at each other in surprise. It was just so insulting. We were able to hold back the giggles for a few seconds, but then Robynne, my nephew Robbie, and I burst out laughing and couldn't stop during the remainder of the prayer. Will was a good sport about it. He explained that he felt like it was hard to make a serious request for God to bless pizza. He's got a point.

No comments:

Post a Comment