Sunday, September 25, 2011

Baking Advice


Picture of the Day for 9/25/2011. Here's some baking advice for you- not all brown sugar is created equal. I discovered this after I purchased a store-brand (not to be confused with name-brand) brown sugar so I could make some cookies as a thank you for a neighbor* who monitored my sprinkler system/new grass situation while I was out of town the past few days. Both the store-brand and name-brand bags of brown sugar were labeled as "Pure Brown Sugar" so I figured I would save a couple of dollars by selecting the less-expensive option. Big mistake. When I opened up the bag of sugar, I was greeted with the most horrendous smell. I checked the ingredients and it turns out this "pure" brown sugar is actually a concoction of ingredients. I had to run back to the store to pick up the real thing before I could continue.

*I should have alerted my 86-year-old next door neighbor Erma that I was having another neighbor look after my yard. I received a somewhat alarmed call from Erma the first night I was in Florida indicating there was a man lurking on my porch. I assured her all was well.

No comments:

Post a Comment